sobota, 13 maja 2028

Some history

I am 5th owner of this car. I guess that five good owners are better than only one, but dumb or careless. Unlike almost every DC2 in my country it was bought as brand new abroad in Belgium and was imported to Poland as new and crash-free vehicle. It was one of the first ITRs in Poland. ITRs were never officially available at polish Honda dealers, you wanted one, you had to to look abroad.

First owner did many good things to the car as Mugen Jasma header and some more Mugen parts, I'll skip it as it doesn't matter now. He also changed the wheels and removed the badging. So, it was owner's intention, not a crash that shaved off the decals. It was me who re-fitted the decals many years after that. Here are the pics I managed to find, first months in Poland:




Second owner, is famous for his Honda tuning knowledge, currently he runs Ecu Performance company. That's the car spec from back then, copy/paste the link to your browser:
http://ecu-performance.com.pl/category/projects/page/8/


Third owner was working for a Honda dealer. He happened to have a little engine problem as one of the engine pans started to make knocking sounds. I'll reveal the details when asked to, no problem. The car had about 70000km on the clock. Thanks to the 3rd owner's help the car got the whole bottom engine replaced for a brand new!


Finally, the fourth owner. He was using the car ocassionally, and he loved it. I asked him to sell it to me within a year time (I needed funds of course) and he decided to do it and wait till I earn the money. Such things don't happen, but that's how it was. The car was stock when he bought it, but he managed to do light mods as DC Sports header, 2,5 inch exhaust and AEM CAI.


All those guys had some things in common. They were aware of the car's magic and could afford to maintain it properly. They all were (ans still are) Honda fans and driving enthusiasts. They never crashed the car.

Thank you ror reading and wait for more: my part - maintenance, mods, detailing and repairs for 3 year of my ITR possession.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz